Friday, September 5, 2008

for my middle sister...

i saw this blog today on wral's webpage. it SO made me think of her, and it also made me think of myself (maybe 2 or 3 years from now). i haven't even had #2 and i'm ready for #3! yea. one at a time, right?

Baby Addiction

This sounds crazy but I think some moms have it. I call it baby addiction. I have to admit, I have it. As do several friends of mine. It seems to kick in not long after giving birth.

There I was, sleep deprived and doing my best to keep up with three kids under 3 1/2. In the middle of the chaos, while holding my baby, I couldn't help but think, I'd like to have another. WHOA, STOP THE PRESSES! What the heck was I thinking? Was I loco??? Was my plate not full enough? Did I want to drive myself totally insane? Is there a pill to cure it?

I think I have the perfect sized family. I always wanted three kids. We have them and we're done. We shut the baby factory down. The stork is banned from our house. There's no more room at the womb. You get the picture.

But even to this day, I still feel like I gotta have another baby. I can't imagine not hearing those sweet baby laughs, feeling that silky baby skin and holding that little body next to me. There's just something about a baby. It's indescribable.

I happened to mention it to a couple friends of mine who also have three kids close in age. And I'll be darned if they didn't feel the same way! Maybe it's contagious! Now to be fair, I do have some friends who don't have that urge. I had this feeling after having my first two kids as well. Thankfully it seems to dissipate about the time the baby turns 1. I don't know if it's tied to hormones or what, but I need to reign it in. Because a school bus just won't fit in my garage!

1 comment:

  1. SO true! I already feel sad that I won't have anymore. Hello?!? Can you remember the rants of "my back hurts" and "I am ready for this to be over" that I put everybody through just a month ago?!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...