Friday, August 29, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
- realize that your son will love you more intensely than anyone or anything else in the world.
- at times, you will be blown away by the depth of your love for him. this would be the case EVERY day.
- don't forget that as a baby, he will always be looking for your face. It will be this way forever.
- spend as much time with him as you can. this is for your sake as well as his.
- read all the advice books and baby guides you want, but trust your instincts. they're good.
- watch out when you're changing his diaper. baby boys shoot straight in the air. ask katelyn about this one...
- know that your job in life is to feed him, love him, and point him in the right direction.
- be ready for him to wake up hungry. boys eat more than you can imagine, even as babies. funny, he ALWAYS wakes up hungry. and, he knows exactly what sounds we make as we're making a bottle!
- keep lots of soft towels handy. he's a drooling machine. yes he is!!!
- the more you talk to him, the sooner he'll talk to you.
- realize that from day one, he's wired to be self-reliant. don't change that.
- if you wait until he cries to pick him up, you're teaching him to cry. unless he is sleepy, then i give him 5 minutes... and usually he's smiling as i carry him back to my bed. yea, he has me wrapped around that little finger.
- you will want to just watch him - his eyes, his hands, his movements - for hours. it's normal. good!
- remember, he needs to be around you, to hear your voice, to see you looking at him.
- relax. throwing food is normal. heck, throw it back. i need to start practicing this one!
- buy him a soft blanket. he will keep it for years. yay!
- you'll remember his laughter at this age forever. which is why even though it is bedtime, when he starts laughing, i keep on tickling!
- don't forget, he needs one-on-one attention from you.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Spread the Stupidity Only in America ......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in America .....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
Only in America .....do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
Only in America .....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight. _______________________________________________________________ Only in America .....do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
EVER WONDER ... Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?
Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?
Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'? ____________________________________________________ Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
anyway, i also wanted to let everyone know that kendal has officially felt his little brother or sister now. we were sitting on the couch earlier, i was laying down, kendal was sitting in the crook of my hips. his back was to my lower abdomen (where the baby is). i felt a bump bump, then a BIG bump and kendal turned around to see what was behind him (of coarse it was just me laying there).
wednesday is the big show and tell day for the baby. even though we didn't want to know kendal's gender before birth, we wouldn't have been able to find out anyway because he had his legs pinched together and his back was to the ultrasound thingy. maybe we'll have better luck with this one, since we DO want to find out anyway. already have names picked out just in case (well, i'm 100% on the boy name, maybe 80% on the girl name). we'll see what happens wednesday...
Sunday, August 3, 2008
anyway, bo got a hair cut (got all those knots out from under his armpits and butt area). they call it the "lion" cut. he is hardly a lion, but this cut really makes him look like one!