Thursday, April 10, 2008

life is unfair.

"I pushed the wheel chair while Tracy dragged along the IV pole with Emily's cocktail of IV drugs. I have to say this is a VERY hard thing to do, walking by a window, seeing a nice Saturday and the realization of how messed up this all is. Emily was bawling and then said "I can't believe this is all happening to me." At that point I lost it and started crying. I held my tears as much as possible for Emily. I could tell Emily had come to a deeper understanding of what is going on. I feel so powerless and I want to make her better and I can't."


sarah

i'm pretty sure i've previously blogged about sarah parker, a neighbor of melissa's in fort knox, that was diagnosed with brain cancer last october. well, time has past, as has chemo, and sarah's tumor has not responded to treatment. it is so sad, i just can't imagine what her parents are going through. well recently it has come to my attention that there is another little girl suffering through chemotherapy for lymphoma (she lives in CA).

emily

i just feel awful that there are children and parents that have to experience such hardships. it makes me feel both grateful and helpless at the same time. it makes me want to kiss kendal and thank the Lord that i can be home with him all day.

for years, my family has participated in the march of dimes (walkamerica, premature babies) and the susan b. komen race for the cure (breast cancer). if there is a walk/run for lymphoma, i'd like to find out about it. even leukemia - i'm sure there are some. unfortunately, i didn't participate in komen last year (i was WAY too pregnant to swing my ankles all 3.1 miles) and i'm gonna miss walkamerica this year. i love doing those things because i know that in the end, people are helped. but, you never really DIRECTLY get see how they are helped.

here is what i'm gonna do RIGHT NOW to help. i'm gonna make them both a card - just so they know they have a fan club that extends way further than the walls of the hospital and/or their own back yard! i challenge you ALL to do the same (even if you don't make it). lets decorate their walls with cards and fill their hearts with love!!!

Ronald McDonald House
Sandra/Sarah Parker
Room #32
535 Alabama Ave.
Memphis, TN 38105


Miss. Emily Pepper
4997 Bela Drive
San Jose, CA 95129



2 comments:

  1. That is a really good idea! It's terrible. My friend Debbie was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. She is supposed to fully recover, God-willing. But, she's still haveing a tough time; I send her cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS
    I REALLY wish there was a way to edit comments since I seem to leave typos all over creation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...