ok, nathaniel, this is from may's blog post!
this list is not in order.
2. i really want this fisheye lens - but i suppose in the spirit of saving money, these filters will be ok (though they are hardly a replacement).
3. 85mm lens like this one with an f/1.8. i would prefer one with 1.4, but we're talking like almost TRIPLE the price for that tiny bit of [aperture] ratio. so, um, i guess if someone would say "hey, spend $1400 for me", i'd take this one.
4. yea, so this one is for when i make it "big." i suppose i can always dream. i know i have lenses that already cover this "zoom" range, but what makes this one different, again, is the f/2.8. my lenses are f/3.5-5.6 which means i need more light.
5. an external flash and a softbox diffuser (that one would be specific to the type of flash i actually got...)
6. a high-performance card (this one is low on the list!)
7. a remote for the shutter...
8. a nice tripod.
9. a 35mm prime lens
10. a light sensor.
i suppose i would also add here some reflectors.. but i'm not even sure what i "need" (want) since i don't know much about them! :)