from Vegetarian Times recipe and with my comments!!!
1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour i used organic
1/4 cocoa powder plain old hershey's powder!
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt i used fine grained salt (i have cse grained salt that i use from time to time, that is why i specify)
1 cup Nutella i didn't actually have 1 cup of nutella, so i used what i had - about 1/2 cup, and then used almond butter to fill in the rest. they still turned out great and tasted like nutella.
4 oz/1stick unsalted butter real butter, not margarine.
3/4 cup of sugar i used cane sugar, organic, not bleach white processed sugar though i'm sure that is fine too.
1 large egg farm raised organic!
1/2 tsp of hazelnut extract didn't have this. used vanilla instead!
2. Beat Nutella and butter till smooth (I used an electric hand blender) i used an electric hand mixer, and this was after i put the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften. it was straight out of the fridge. mutella and almond butter didn't go in the microwave though.
3. Add the egg and sugar to the above mixture and beat till well combined still used the hand mixer.
4. Now slowly add the flour and in low speed incorporate into the wet mixture till dough forms. i just put all the dry ingredients on top of the wet and then used a large fork to incorporate. it wasn't hard.
5. Transfer the dough into a plastic wrap and shape into a 2inch diameter log and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. looked like a big poop. kinda gross. but, it was really tasty (i ate some yes!!!). i stuck it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. it was cold enough after that.
6. Heat oven to 375F. um, i missed the 375 part. i cooked them at 350
7. Cut log to 1/4 inch thick rounds and place on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 9 minutes and remove from the oven and let cool for 30-45 minutes. since mine started on a cold stone, it took about 15 minutes. i put both stones in the oven at the same time on two different shelves - never done that before - but they cooked well together. and, it only took them about 15 minutes to cool off.
these cookes are AWESOME!!!