Thursday, July 3, 2008

cereal

have you seen the cost of cereal lately? it is over $4 a box now! so now not only am i trying to find a cereal that is low cost, i'm always looking for one that doesn't have BHT or BHA in it. you'd be surprised how many have it in there... most of them do! (and frankly, i'm tired of cheerios and frosted miniwheats.)

well yesterday, i went to lowes foods to buy cereal. i forgot ALL about their natural and organic brand (full circle)... the cereal is only $2.99 a box! the cost hasn't changed in over a year! and still, it uses no refined sugars and doesn't not preserve with BHT/BHA!!! awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Who can afford the milk to put on the cereal?! Man, now you got me hungry... You know what that means! And, it don't get no cheaper than the Bo... $1.86 for a smoked sausage biscuit (July's biscuit) and a large tea (w/lemon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy the large bags of whatever and put them in containers so they stay fresh. I don't eat a ton of cereal, and, I guess I am not overly worried about the preservatives (likely since I don't eat enough).

    My all time fav is Cap'n Crunch w/ Crunch Berries. Lowes Foods has a generic version that is pretty decent. Even though it is likely loaded down with crap and bad stuff.

    My in laws even got hooked on it while they were here last month! How funny, huh?

    I also buy raisin bran and mini wheats and whatever else sounds good.

    But, cereal in our house lasts a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. while you are here, you can stock up at the commissary. I think most things are still under $2.50 -- at least the things that we get. let me know what you like and I'll price check for you :-) Kind of like formula, it may be cheap enough for me to buy and ship!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...