Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today's Lunch



today for lunch, since i'm in raleigh working, i visited neomonde deli. in my life, i've probably been here 200 times. i generally love it. last time i was pregnant, i would alternate days between neomonde and greek fiesta (in cary) for lunch. i couldn't get enough greek food.

this pregnancy, greek food is not on my favorite list apparently. i wanted to eat it. i had no trouble picking out what to get on my 4-salad sampler platter. i picked couscous, baba ganoush, rice and lentil pilaf, and chicken salad.

know what? i've eaten half of my food and i am completely grossed out. the couscous has too much pepper and needs lemon. the rice is plain, over cooked, and mushy . the chicken salad has some spice in it that leaves that haaaaah feeling in the back of my throat. the baba ganoush is too chunky (not at all smooth) and has too much garlic. oh well. i suppose next time i'll take better notice of what i LIKE and don't like to eat, and then choose a restaurant accordingly.

the tea was good though! i drank the whole cup before i got back to the office, 3 miles away. boy is it hot outside today.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard you tell me a bunch of times how good that place is, and even in spite of your less-than-pleasant experience this time, I'm still curious to try the place, one of these times I'm in Raleigh for work...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...