Monday, December 1, 2008

Four Christmases

I had a movie and dinner date with a girlfriend on Saturday night... and we went to see Four Christmases. It sounded like it was gonna be very cheesy, but actually, it was really good! One thing I hate about movies is predictability. This movie really wasn't like that at all... I never really knew what to expect next. It was funny, light-hearted, not-too-serious - but sweet all at the same time. We both really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it for a girl date, or a girl-guy date. I think even a guy would think it was funny. I also think that if you haven't the time or money to see it in the theater, it would be a good one to rent when it comes out. We caught the matinee, so $6.25 wasn't too bad. Plus I had to get popcorn (I was starving - I ate the whole (small) bag myself!) and a drink (another $5.50). Then we headed over to Cafe Capistrano and ate WONDERFUL southwestern food (I call it California Mexican). We both love to eat there, and it seems that when we go out, we either go there or to PF Changs. Since we were only in Wake Forest on Saturday, we opted not to drive into Raleigh to get chinese... And it was such a good decision! YUM!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so great. Gary and I are supposed to have a dinner/movie date this Friday. I have been dying to see Australia so I can't wait. Still, there is nothing like a night out with your girlfriends. I should try that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were going to see a movie this weekend (in the theater) but never got around to it. Sounds like this might be a good one to see; maybe it'll help us get into the holidays!

    Believe it or not I really want to see "Twilight" but I KNOW Mr. B won't go see that with me. I can probably talk The Kid into that...even though I'm sure she's already seen it 10 times.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...