Saturday, December 6, 2008

this weekend's random to do list

we have several goals that must be accomplished this weekend. first and foremost (however it will likely be done last) is packing my hospital bag and installing the baby seat in my car. before this can be done, we have to wash all our clothes (about 5 loads) so i actually can pick the clothes i want to take. (even pregnant women have pants they prefer to wear!) i also wanted to wrap the gifts that we have already, decorate the jelly jars (also gifts), and write ALL my christmas cards. oh, and i want to decorate our porch (just lights and garland). i got the porch decorated this morning while kendal took his first nap and nathaniel took the trash to the dump. it took about an hour. i've also been washing clothes all day, have 1 more load to go (just towels). then we have to fold them all. that'll happen before we go to bed since the pile of clean clothes COVERS our bed. i've been writing cards now for about 3 hours on and off now. my hand is SO tired... of writing "love, analee, nathaniel, and kendal". boy oh boy, i feel for my sister who has to sign not only her and rob's name, but also all 4 kids (unless she is lucky enough for the 2 that can write to sign their own names... but i'm sure that takes longer than if she just did it). turns out though that i can't count (no surprise there, huh?) because i'm short 3 cards. guess i have to add "make 3 christmas cards" to my list of things to do. somewhere i have to find a place to hang our stockings. downstairs has no decoration this year, everything is upstairs where we actually live and play. no chimney there, though... so, got to come up with a new idea! my voice is still gone, so nathaniel is still on primary caretaker duty for kendal. my lack of voice (and the horrible sounds that come out between air-ish sounds) seems to scare kendal. yesterday, he wouldn't even let me hold him. i could see in his teary eyes "what happened to my mama!" i feel some better today, nathaniel came home early (actually met us at the doctor in wake forest) - he took kendal home and napped him while i waited for nearly 2 hours to have my prescription filled. so, let me add to my list - not to forget to take my antibiotics. i'm so bad with pills. it requires memory (rather re-memory) and this baby has sucked all my potential re-thoughs away from me. (i consider it a lack of oxygen to the brain...) fortunately yesterday i got all my family's gifts ordered (ah, "hand crafted - online!"), got my T-family gift finished (need to wrap), and today melissa's kids' gifts came in the mail (need to wrap them too). oh yea, i need to find batteries for them. maybe i should go gather batteries right now before i forget.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdYEkZL9KPM

    this is you with the batteries...

    love you! got something for holly today. you're going to get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea that is totally me.

    well i got the christmas decorations done, plus nathaniel helped with all the laundry, and i got the christmas cards ALL made and done and half are in the mail already, and got all the presents wrapped (that i have anyway), that included putting batteries in the ones that i knew would need to be "instantly ready" for action.

    so, now i just have to pack my bag, kendal's bag, and get that car seat in the car. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...