Thursday, January 8, 2009

a mirror of time

i remember back in august when we had our 20 week ultrasound, there was a moment that the image went over holly's face and i just knew she'd look like kendal. i mean... like the spitting image of him. it was amazing how much they looked alike... in an ultrasound. fast forward 20 weeks later... once holly was born, she looked kinda like kendal, but something about her was different. turns out that it is just the shape of her head that is different (her head is "normal" sized, not as big as his) plus her chin is a little more defined than his ever was. anyway, it wasn't too many hours after she was born that i could see myself in her. and the next day when my mom and dad (and k) came to visit, my mom told me that she looked just like i did when i was a baby. even now, it is like looking through a mirror of time. so, i decided to find a picture of me when i was a baby, and see if she was right. i found the "my mommy when she was a baby" picture i had glued in his kendal's baby book. it was breathtaking... see for yourself! me at 2 weeks: holly at birth: holly at 1 week:

3 comments:

  1. Faith said -- who is that baby?

    I said -- It is Holly.

    Faith said -- Oh... Holl-y (said just like WallE (have you seen that movie?))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Analee, You two look more alike than even the pictures show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...she looks quite a bit like you!

    One of these days I'll show you a picture of my Grandma at age 2 or 3 and then one of me at the same age. It's amazing how much we look a like.

    Then, there is mom and Natalie who looked a lot a like.

    Mr. B's dad saw a picture of Natalie (from the reunion) and said, "Well, I can tell who HER aunt is!" meaning me. So, I guess there is also some resemblence there.

    I wonder if family looks are stronger in females?

    I think The Kid looks a lot like Mr. B, though; especially the eyes and lips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...