Wednesday, March 19, 2008

how do you eat yours?


one of my favorite eastertime treats when i was little was the cadbury creme egg. i don't know why i liked them so much. honestly, i haven't had one in years.

yesterday, however, i saw that the standard large egg now comes in a mini egg dozen... so, i bought "a dozen". YUM. i ate 6 in the car. (yesterday, i got a migraine. when i start getting one, i generally tend to crave sugar. and yes, i've checked my blood sugar before and it is always normal.) i ate each one whole (as they are small enough to put in your mouth and chew).

so, this morning, i ate another one. this time, i ate it slow. i bit it in half, and looked inside. guess what! even the little ones have the "yolk"!!! so i then licked it out the middle (of coarse to see if it tasted any different, which it did not), and then ate the rest of the chocolate! YUM!

do you like cadbury eggs? did you like them when you were little? did you know that in the US the cadbury egg is smaller than it used to be!?!??

kendal wants to eat a cadbury egg. he says the plastic ones just don't taste that good. he'd know, because he licked half the ones in this picture!!!


"you lick it. see if you like it. GIVE ME CHOCOLATE!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture(s) of Kendal!

    I love those creme egg things. I had no idea they were smaller in the US (did you mean the "big" ones?) They're big enough. I haven't had one in AGES but now I'm thinking I might have to go buy one. I like the idea of the smaller ones.

    When I used to eat the bigger ones, I tended to lick out the insides. Yum.

    My REAL favorite, though, are Russell Stover eggs; the dark chocolate with coconut one in particular although they also have a mapple flavored one. Heck, ANY of 'em are good!

    I don't like those Peeps, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly question...you KNOW I like robin eggs the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the cadbury eggs... always remind me of Father for some reason. I eat them by cracking them open (keeping the chocolate all uneaten) and lick the insides out first. Then I eat the chocolate for dessert. They have always had the yellow yolk in the middle. Don't know how you missed that. I can only eat about two of the minis though. they have had that size for a few years (I know because I have had to fill easter baskets for the past five years...). Last year they had cadbury caramel minis -- DELICIOUS! Same size as the regular minis, but with nothing but caramel in the middle. I am a sucker for something filled with caramel :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...