Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Is it her ring?



just a bit ago before my mom met the lady with the ring, my mom called me and said "if it isn't mine, should i take it?" she knew the answer to this question. i suppose the excitement of "my ring!" was over and reality over-set in (she had the gut feeling it wasn't gonna be hers). i asked her how many people she graduated with. she said '25 in my class, 24 in the "other" class'. i suppose the 'other' class means the integrated [black] class. so in the end, there was basically a 50-50 chance the ring was hers.

unfortunately for my mom (and me), the ring was not hers. the ring was a bit banged up (bent), but it definitely wasn't hers. my mom did not take the ring. the initials were similar to hers, but are the same as those of the black boy in her class. so, they looked up his name in the phone book and he still lives in the area. we can only hope now that this ring finds its way home to the rightful owner. (well, assuming it was lost in the first place.)

i wish i knew the end to this story. i guess this will be one of those that kinda leave you hanging and wondering what really happens in the end. kinda like that book i just read. except in this case, i won't be writing a sequel!

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad but hopefully the ring will make its way back to its rightful owner at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda will call me when she delivers the ring to David...or I'll give her a few days then call HER. I also have David's number so I can call him too. You know, she could have just sold that gold and stone and never have called me. I know she'll get that ring to the rightful owner. I wonder when he put it in that tackle box.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...