Thursday, July 23, 2009

my small miracle.

about 2 weeks ago, i had a migraine. it was a doozy. i had already emptied the trashcan in the bathroom (in preparation for some major vomiting), and had a cold rag on my head. typically, a migraine to this degree can only be treated with sleep. rarely does my relpax even work with it, mainly because in order to take the relpax i have to drink something, which makes me throw up the pill. can't work if it isn't in my stomach long enough to dissolve. knowing that this was a bad one, i had already called mom for backup, though she and kate were gone to see my grandmother. she was coming, but when was not certain. it would be a few hours. i was trying to get holly to sleep and i was listening to the 700 club on TV. for some reason, i always end up watching this show. i'm not really a fan, but today there was a reason the remote was out of reach. they were praying for people who had called or written in with requests for God to cure their ailments. they even had "testimonials" of how God reached inside of them and took out their pains. anyway, desperate for relief, i prayed to God for him to take away my migraine. let me just add right here that i don't typically pray for myself. i think there are far bigger things to pray for, like for real people who have real problems. so, i really felt as though it was a selfish prayer, but at that point, i needed to cook supper, i was feeling like i had to vomit, etc. so i did it. within a minute of "amen," my migraine WENT AWAY. holly went to sleep, mom and kate came over, and after a few minutes, i shared with them what had happened.. the miracle that i experienced. (i know right here that some of you are rolling your eyes because you probably neither believe in God nor miracles nor the power of prayer. i was once like you. and if you ever are interested in how i came to know God, i will be more than happy to tell you. it may surprise you how and when it happened. it wasn't that many years ago!) ok, so back to my story. the migraine. it went away, i cooked supper, kendal and nathanicl came home, and later, the migraine came back. but, at that point it was a time that i could handle it (sleep plus hours and hours of nathaniel's head massage!) you know how folks say that things happen for a reason. all i keep thinking about today is that moment 2 weeks ago, and how i was literally amazed that prayer worked FOR ME (and wondered why i just didn't pray all my migraines away). but i think God was trying to show me that he is there, to trust in him, and he will take care of me when i need him. and so, now i am facing a new challenge. (and, i realize God doesn't answer all prayers, but he does answer the ones that need answering!) i am so grateful for the job i had, it was truly a blessing for that time in my life so i could stay home with the kids. but now, i think God has a new plan for me and I have to get a move on it for him! i'm kind of excited about how this will turn out! i am so excited about it, i get emotional just thinking about it. i am just overwhelmed with God's presence in me right now. it is WAY better than adrenaline.

7 comments:

  1. You're awesome Analee! It's such a pleasure to be your friend! That was a great story. God loves you and not prayer or problem is too big or small. I'll be praying for the right job for you! Keep your chin up! I'd love to hear your testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that God *does* answer all of our prayers. He just doesn't always do what WE want Him to do. I think back to the hours and hours I spent praying that I would be spent to Ft Hood to be with Rob during those first months of our marriage (and being pregnant with Grace). It didn't happen. I didn't know it at the time but it was FOR A REASON. Not my reason... His reason. The unit that I was begging and praying to get into deployed when Grace was 4 months old. I would have had to leave my 4 month old if I had gotten what I had wanted. God knew that it wasn't right. He took care of me and my family. Everytime I have something that happens to me that I just don't understand, I think back to that time and I always give it back to Him. He IS in control. I love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we all need realization moments like that to keep us going.

    and, i think God knows that.

    kind of like finding dimes every now and then. pennies are great, but nothing keeps you looking like a shiny dime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got two books I will send you... if you will read them. First is Traveling Light: Releasing the Burdens we were never intended to bear (the promise of Psalm 23) -- INCREDIBLE book! Incredible. In-cred-i-ble. Incredible. I can't say it enough.

    Second is How to Develop a Powerful Prayer Life. This one opened my eyes to what prayer really should be like. I always feel guilty about praying for myself (sounds like you do too). This shows the five basic types of prayer (which do include things that you want - within reason). It is the reason that I started my thankfuls blogs. Talks about how you need to see the blessings in the everyday -- one of the things that stuck with me from that book is that everybody can be thankful when things are going good -- you have to LOOK for the things when you think they are going bad. After a while, you mainly see the good :-)

    Anyway, I'll send them in the package with the sling :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. It actually brought me to tears. Thanks for the inspiration and wonderful insight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, there is a Reason one of my coworkers was promoted to the UIC Manager the day before July 22nd.

    IF it all works out, and I can work one hallway away from you, my life will be so much sweeter. To me, you are the best person I ever worked with, and the possibility of it happening again brings a broad smile to my face.

    Heck, it's how we ended up together, so why shouldn't it be that way again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story, Analee! Very inspirational :) I might share it w/ some of our small group from church - I think they'd appreciate it. I'll ask them to pray for your job search, too! - LK

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...