Monday, February 7, 2011

roaches


Don’t get me wrong.  I am not a fan of cockroaches.  We have those really big and long ones here in our office, and they thrive in the cold, dark file room.  And, I spend a lot of time in the file room.  Every time I go in there, I flip on the light and usually see one scurry away.  I’m used to it now.  

I’m not sure how they do it, but occasionally one will be stuck on his back, legs squirreling around trying to reach something to help him flip back over.  I just stand to see one killed them like that.  It’s kin to shooting someone in the back.

I give the helpless little roach a push-kick with my foot.  If he lands upright - well lucky him.  If not, well I guess he’ll have to keep on lying there squirming around trying to get upright.  

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that I won’t step on them either way.  They are way too big and crunchy and they leave slippery spots on the tile floor, or stains on the carpet. 

When I flip one over, I always say, “You better go and hide, little roach!  Someone is gonna kill you!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...