Friday, November 14, 2008

nesting - round 2

kendal is still sick this morning. had a fever when he woke up, its gone down now but he's rather inconsolable this morning. he wants to do nothing, doesn't want to be put down, doesn't want to be held - this will pass, i know, and i have not yet lost my patience with him. i understand he just doesn't feel good. i certainly know what it feels like to have achy skin and a roaring headache! yesterday was just an extension of the nesting that has started for this baby. my oh my, i can't even sleep at night for all the things i keep remembering i want to do. unfortunately, today it is raining so the painting will have to wait (spray painting some furniture, got to be outside for ventilation) - plus with a sick baby i can't do much anyway. i suppose there is more to that statement ("i can't do much anyway") - this baby is very low, has been from the start. this creates some uncomfortable pressure on my pelvic region, not to mention the back-aches from having a posture change to compensate for the extra weight... and the hip disjointing from a combination of relaxin and a poorly formed hip socket. but hey, at least i'm not wearing compression hose to control the swelling in my legs when it is 105 degrees like last summer!!! last week i was having so much pain that when i went in for my 2 week checkup, i asked the dr about it - should i be worried that i have pains similar to labor that never stop? (not cyclic like labor.) she educated me on what was going on... said "pelvic, back, and hip pain are common complaints among mothers who have their children close together" which in my head reminded me of the time she said to me "your uterus is stretched because you're having kids so close together." ok - so i'm having 2 close together. lots of people do it. plus i'm 33. its not like i have the next 10 years to have babies. i've discovered that a heating pad (including the non-electric type you put around your waist - thermocare i think is their brand name) really help with the back pain. the doctor recommended for me a "prenatal cradle" (belly bra) which looks like a woman-sized jock strap for the belly (rather than the man junk). funny looking contraption, but if it helps support my belly (and take that pressure off of my pelvic bone), its worth the $60 they cost to buy. i haven't ordered one yet, but i suppose i should give it a try. yesterday my belly didn't hurt so bad (my back took all the aching) even after a day of nesting. so today in lieu of working hard on my feet, i've decided that i'll search the internet world to find something else to paint to put on the walls in holly's room. not a mural, i'm looking more of a little girlish canvas collection, very simple, very easy - we'll see what i find. her mobile is princess and frog, mom mentioned fairies yesterday - we'll see what i can come up with. just no flowers. got enough of them!

1 comment:

  1. oh, and not pink either - got enough pink in that room for twin girls!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...