Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome to Fate - Part 2 of 3

Late that fall, I began a relationship with a fellow in Greenville (the infamous JB). One time when Melissa was home, JB and I invited her down for a evening of alcohol and club hopping... and she came. So did one of her friends from the military of whom she had been recently reunited, Rob, he was clearly a very supportive man, and compared to the last boyfriend (although he was not her boyfriend yet), I liked him very much. Being the low "woman" on the totum pole, she couldn't get off work that year for Christmas, so she couldn't come home. It was sad, we all missed her (especially since my Grandfather wasn't there either...). The holiday season came and went, and finally my sister planned a trip home. Before she came home (like the DAY before), she told me that she had a positive pregnancy test. "I don't believe it is right though" is the last thing she said to me before she came home, indicating the intention of re-testing the next morning before her flight. So she came home, and avoided eye contact for several days. She wouldn't be alone with me so I could ask her the results - which gave me the answer I was looking for. I was so excited. There would be a new baby in the family but I had to keep the secret. For spring break that year, Mom and Dad planned a trip out west. We had both kept the happy secret for way too long. The night before they left that she told them the news on the phone. Of coarse - they were happy - SO excited to be having their first grandbaby! YAY! Everything was great. After getting to know Rob, we all learned that he was divorced, had two adorable kids from his first marriage, blah blah blah. None of the past really mattered, though, so long as he was CLEARLY making my sister the happiest woman alive. [ FATE ] I honestly believe that if I had never gotten married, I could have never gotten a divorce. If I had never gotten a divorce, then my sister would have never had to work out those issues with divorce and sin. Since she was forced to deal with them prior to her meeting Rob, then that made HIM open to a relationship in her moral world. So if she had never been open to dating Rob, she would have never fallen in love with him (and him with her), and then we wouldn't have had Grace... Fate twisted a little... and for 4 years on and off I dated this butthole (JB). After seeing my sister get married, move to KY, have 2.9 kids, and STILL maintaining that wholeness and happiness in her homelife, I just couldn't settle on dating a man that left me so empty and unloved. I really wanted to be happy like her and find a companion who was as wonderful, kind, funny, and sweet as her husband. And after visiting them a week for the birth of her third child (due date in Mid August - hence why I say 2.9 kids - Josh wasn't quite born yet), I was determined to find someone like him.
(Josh is the 3rd largest kid in this pic!)
It seemed irrelevant at the time that Josh was two weeks late. However, this simple event changed the course of my life.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...