Tuesday, November 4, 2008

unlocking a car door the old fashioned way

funny thing happened to me this afternoon. i went shopping with mom and, as usual, i was driving (her car). well, katelyn has the big key set, the one with the clicker on it. and, as you know, its been raining all day today. i haven't a raincoat (well i do, but since i can't zip it up there isn't much use in wearing it). so, here we were - in the parking lot of the post office (getting back into the car). there is a man standing outside of his car beside us (in a raincoat), playing with his kid in the backseat (his wife was inside). i have the keys in my hand, looking for the clicker. mom is at the passenger door, looking at me wondering why i hadn't unlocked them yet. i said "i don't have the clicker! i don't know how to get into the car!" (she has one of those keypads on the door - and i didn't know the code.) anyway, i just stood there with the keys, waiting for her to signal to me what the code was... figuring she just didn't want to yell it because there was a man next to us (then he'd know her code). but no... that wasn't why at all. she was looking at me like i had lost my mind. then i remembered. "oh, i have the keys. i can use them!" the man standing at the car next to us was laughing as hard as we were. i blame this on pregnancy brain. clearly that is the cause.

4 comments:

  1. I heard a story like this from a friend of mine... seems he worked in a convenience store in college and a girl came in in a panic. She needed a new battery for her clicker because she was locked out of her car. When the guy told her to use her keys to unlock the door, she said she didn't know the key would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is funny! I think I would do the same and I would not be able to blame it on being pregnant!

    It is similar to how we freeze up when our cell phones go dead or the Internet is down.

    Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated your professional way of writing this post thanks; you have made such a nice blog.

    locksmith fort lauderdale fl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...