Monday, August 31, 2009

people who drive with crap on their dash


this picture doesn't exactly explain what i'm talking about, but this past weekend, i was out running errands and a lady almost hit me.  know why? because she couldn't see me.  why couldn't she see me?  because she had crap stacked up on her dash - trash - magazines, letters, mail, newspapers, grocery bags,etc., all stored in her dash.  when i say dash, i mean the part of the car in front of you when you are driving - the part above your steering wheel and speedometer, etc., above the radio, above the airbags.  her whole dash was covered, atleast 1/3 the way up.  it was a driving hazard!  she didn't see me and almost hit me because of it!  stupid lady.  stupid clutterbug.

4 comments:

  1. Can't you get fired from DOT for (repeatedly) driving w/"crap" on your dash? If so, then it ought to be a ticket for the GP...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I was reminded today that it's called "dash trash"... ;) I was teasing the former DOT employee when we were in the field today (by leaving some dash trash up there...), when we were talking about other DOT things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't care if it rains or freezes, longs Is got my plastic Jesus riding on the dashboard of my car. But plastic Jesus, you gotta go, your magnet ruins my radio and you might fly off and hurt me ifn I wreck"
    From the movie Hud.

    From Mrs. B: Dash Trash. Love it. Or, how about the people who have an entire collection of stuffed animals in the area below the back window of the car? I never got that look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as a clutterbug, I have to say I agree. My van can be an absolute disaster but there will NEVER be anything on my dash. Rob will get in and throw his hat on the dash and I make him take it down! All I see when I look over there is the reflection of the 'A' -- obviously a Braves hat, not an Oakland hat :-) Also... does this remind you of riding with Tuter?!? She always had so much up there that you had to put your hand out to catch stuff if she took a turn too fast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...