Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Top Ten Things My Mom Or Dad Will Say Within Twenty-Four Hours of Us Leaving

For the snow, we went to my parent's house and spent Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and we came home today after nap.  Needless to say, my mom got "cabin fever" about midday Saturday.  We all had a blast, though, playing in the snow.  Since there were four adults (sometimes six since Mark and Kate visited on Sunday), we had plenty of people to keep the kids while we went out and played in the snow.  However, we always had one child with us. It seemed to work better taking one at a time.

Anyway, we are very grateful to my parents for allowing us to stay with them this long weekend.  We know how imposing two more adults plus two noisy kids can be to a normally quiet lifestyle, even if they are your own family.  I know they enjoyed the visit, but that doesn't mean that somewhere deep inside they were a little glad we were able to go home!!!  When we were leaving, Kendal loudly proclaimed "NOOOO!" when we told him we were going home.  I guess he would have just stayed there forever, but he did enjoy his toys at home once we got back.  Nathaniel stayed outside and, with our neighbor, shoveled our drive and the road out front at our house and at our neighbor's house.  That means he'll go to work tomorrow.

Anyway, as our show of thanks for wonderful hospitatily, we thought we'd make a top ten list of things my parents may say in the 24 hours after we left.  We mean them all in good spirits.  And, we really thing they may say them.  :)  (FYI, I like my eggs hard scrambled, or "dry," or "burnt."  Whatever you call it.  My dad, who cooks breakfast every morning - and it is better than any breakfast that you can buy at a country kitchen - likes his soft scrambled and he'll even eat them "runny" when fried.  Not me.  I can't even watch!  That will explain #9.)



Top Ten Things My Mom Or Dad Will Say Within Twenty-Four Hours of Us Leaving

10.  I only have to cook two pieces of bacon today.  That doesn't even make enough grease to cook eggs!

9. I sure am glad I don't have to "burn the eggs!"

8. I forgot how to make only a half a pot of coffee!

7. The trash can sure does smell better without poopy diapers in it.

6. It sure is nice getting to read my newspaper - one page at a time from cover to cover - without the interruption of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?"

5. I sure am glad I don't have to copy the suduko before I do it today.

4. It sure is easy to walk through the living room without any wedgits or Noah or a giraffe underfoot!

3. "Wonder Pets! Wonder Pets! We're on our way to help a baby penguin and save the day!"

2. "NOT IT!" [to Maggie barking at the back door.]

\_/     \_/      \_/     \_/      \_/      \_/    [drumroll]

1. It sure is quiet in here!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! # 1a. I wonder what Kendal and Holly are doing. I sure do miss them. Now where is that Brown Bear book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1b. AWWWW. here's a little sock. I think I'll sleep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my eggs soft scrambled and runny, too! You guys are going to miss that breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...