Wednesday, June 9, 2010

filling #1

went to the dentist today for my first filling since the 90s.  i have 2 mercury fillings and one of them had a cavity behind it so it needed replacing. 

let me just start by saying that my dentist and his staff is wonderful. they are very nice, considerate, and give me no reason to be anxious.  they actually go out of their way to make me feel as comfortable as possible.  however, it is nearly impossible to make me comfortable at the dentist.

today, i had to have 7 shots of novicane to make my tooth numb to the drilling and  my remaining teeth numb to the coldness of the air-sucker (the teeth have to be dry for the filling).  my face is numb.  i can say, though, that besides the tiny bit of tingle i felt when he was drilling and i realized that my tooth wasn't completely numb, i felt NOTHING.  not even the shots.  he was good at what he did.

so i'll let you know how my teeth fit together once i can feel my face again. 

in the mean time, i still feel like puking.  i hate the dentist [office].  i tell them everytime - its nothing personal.  it's the facility and the procedures, not the people. :)

1 comment:

  1. They always have to give me a TON of Novocaine, too.
    Kudos to you for not having to have any work done in ten years. That's great. They are telling me I need a filling replaced but I keep hoping I can avoid it. At least for a little while yet since it's not cheap.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...